Autumn/Winter 2023 Campaign Heritage: Cindy Crawford Is the New Face Of MCM
IT’S BEEN ALMOST THREE DECADES SINCE CINDY CRAWFORD APPEARED IN MCM’S 1996 ADVERTISEMENT. 27 YEARS LATER, SHE’S BACK FOR THE AUTUMN / WINTER 2023 HERITAGE AD CAMPAIGN.
MUNICH, GERMANY — German luxury leather goods brand MCM and iconic 90s supermodel Cindy Crawford are reminding us that they are forever classic with their heritage campaign, which spotlights its caramel-colored, monogram leather goods.
In the Juergen Teller lensed advertisement, Crawford is sitting and standing on pile of backpacks, totes, satchels and weekenders from the brand. She carries the MCM’s latest cross-body style, dubbed the Mode Travia.
The campaign links MCM‘s past and present to inform a new direction for the future of classics.
Crawford said, ” It was nostalgic for me to travel back in time with MCM from our first photoshoot in the 90’s with my dear friend, Herb Ritts. Their classic bags remain timeless.”
And this time, through Teller’s lens and Fabien Baron’s direction, her unwavering confidence proved she is a living legend.
“It was an honor to capture the new L’enfant terrible ethos with two incredible collaborators. First with a long-time friend that I have admired and enjoyed working with over several years – Cindy Crawford. Working with her is working with a true professional, and I appreciate the tenacity and knowledge she brings to any project. Secondly, Juergen Teller a true artist that brings an undeniably unique and infamous perspective to his work. Together we were able to create imagery that will mark the start of a new era for MCM,” said Baron.
“This new campaign is an important next step in our repositioning with a new brand direction which we first introduced at Milan Fashion Week this past June. With Cindy, we celebrate the classic heritage codes that helped to define us. Going forward, you will see MCM introduce a new and refreshed lifestyle assortment of ready-to wear alongside reimagined leather goods and accessories with our Spring-Summer 2024 collection. Exploring our past with Cindy Crawford is a strong reminder to our audience of the brand’s iconography—and at the same time, it sends a message about the steps that we are taking to elevate the future of MCM,” said Sabine Brunner, President & Global Brand and Commercial Officer, MCM Global AG.
Photos Credit: Juergen Teller
Source: MCM’s website
More Content For You
- September Issue: Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Christy Turlington & Linda Evangelista Cover American And British Vogue
- MCM And Puma Release Their Second Collaboration, Mikey Williams Is Featured In The Advertisement
- Global Campaign: Mikey Williams For Puma X MCM
- Ad Campaign: Coach’s Fall 2022
- Beauty News: MCM Launches MCM Ultra Fragrance
- MCM Teams Up With Crocs For Summer Collection
- Denim-On-Denim Look: Siran Neal Wears A Diesel Embossed Logo Panelled Jacket And Wide Leg Jeans
- Sweatsuit Weather: Meechie Johnson Jr. Sported A Sp5der Nocturnal Highway Hoodie And Sweatpants
- NLE Choppa Show-Off His Physique In Versace Underwear
- Dior Menswear Launches First Denim Capsule Collection For Men
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.