Joan Smalls Is Face of Anne Klein’s Spring 2022 Campaign
UNITED STATES — Puerto Rican fashion model, actress and activist Joan Smalls is the face of Anne Klein’s Spring 2022 ad campaign.
The advertisement was lensed by photographer Daniel Jackson in New York.
The brand will introduce its spring campaign during New York Fashion Week on Friday at 9 a.m. Smalls will appear in the collection’s look book and video presentation on CFDA’s Runway 360 digital platform, and the collection, entitled “See It Now, Buy It Now,” will be available to purchase on Anne Klein’s e-commerce site.
Smalls is the first featured talent in Anne Klein’s multiyear campaign that will showcase dynamic women each season. The consumer campaign will be an ongoing series of portraits and profiles of notable women who are creating change using their public platforms. Each woman presented will be featured in print, video and digitally, ranging from consumer advertising to Instagram Reels, showcasing their efforts in raising awareness for organizations and causes.
“We are excited to have Joan Smalls showcase the brand this season as she exemplifies the multifaceted empowered woman Anne Klein serves,” said Effy Zinkin, chief operating officer of WHP Global, owner of the Anne Klein brand. “Joan’s work in the fashion community and beyond embodies Anne Klein’s vision and we look forward to working with her to further support charitable endeavors.”
Smalls donated 50 percent of her wages in the second half of 2020 to charitable causes via DonateMyWage, and in 2021 helped launch the #ChangeFashion initiative dedicated to eradicating racism in the fashion industry. Born and raised in Puerto Rico, Smalls will join Anne Klein and a retail partner on another charitable initiative to be revealed soon.
Photos Credit: Daniel Jackson
More Content For You
- WHP Global Is The New Owner Of G-Star Raw
- New York Men’s Day To Feature 5 New And 5 Returning Designers For 20th Edition
- New York Fashion Week: Retrofete To Stage First Runway Show
- New York Fashion Week: CFDA, In Partnership With IMG’s NYFW: The Shows, Releases Official Schedule
- New York Men’s Day To Be Held In September
- New York Men’s Day Returning In September, With Live Audience
- NFL Player Jayron Kearse Wears An Eckhaus Latta Boxy Cropped Ribbed-Knit Vest And Dsquared2 Leather Canadian Ankle Boots
- Stylish Football Player Deshaun Watson Styles In Louis Vuitton And Amiri
- 50 Pieces Of Balmain Items Stolen Via Robbery, Days Before Its Paris Fashion Week Show
- Chioma Nnadi Named British Vogue’s New Head Of Editorial Content
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.