Clare Waight Keller’s First Givenchy Ad Campaign
Clare Waight Keller releases her first ad campaign for Givenchy and it features no well-known, supermodels, celebrities or “it” girls.
In fact, Kolton Bowen, Meghan Roche, Elias Bouremah and Saffron Abigail Vadher are featured in the Steven Meisel lensed campaign.
The black and white campaign, titled “TRANSFORMATION SEDUCTION,” offer fashion lovers of the brand a peek at the upcoming clothing — a sheer, black lace dress and a pair of silky black tuxedo-type trousers.
Keller‘s debut runway show for Givenchy will take place this October in Paris.
Last January, DM Fashion Book reported that after six years, creative director Clare Waight Keller was exiting Chloé, which is owned by Compagnie Financière Richemont. The British designer made her exit after showing the brand’s Fall/Winter 2017 collection in the City of Lights during Paris Fashion Week on March 2 (see it here).
Waight Keller, an alum of Pringle of Scotland and Gucci, joined Chloé in 2011 and was hired by CEO Geoffroy De La Bourdonnaye. She rejuvenated the house’s ready-to-wear and accessories business and winning largely positive reviews for her collections. Waight Keller followed in the footsteps of Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney and Phoebe Philo, who all designed for Chloé.
Waight Keller served as senior women’s designer at Gucci during the time Tom Ford was creative director, and has also worked at Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein. She spent six years at Pringle before moving to Paris to helm Chloé, where she succeeded Hannah MacGibbon.
On (March 10), we reported that Chloé confirmed it has appointed Natacha Ramsay-Levi as creative director for ready-to-wear, leather goods and accessories, effective April 3. She will show her first Chloé collection, for spring 2018, at Paris Fashion Week in September, the house said (see it here).
On (March 16), Givenchy (owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE) named Waight Keller as its new artistic director, responsible for women’s and men’s wear, accessories and couture. She will be the first woman to run the creative side of the house founded by Hubert de Givenchy in 1952 (see it here).
Photos Credit: Steven Meisel
More Content For You
- Ad Campaign: House Of Givenchy Spring/Summer 2019
- Givenchy’s Pre-Fall 2018 Campaign Is Whiter Than NYC Snowstorm
- Former Chloé Creative Director Clare Waight Keller Is Named First Woman Designer Of Givenchy
- Fashion News: Clare Waight Keller Reportedly In Talks With Givenchy
- Matthew Williams Is Givenchy’s New Creative Director, He’s The Founder Of Streetwear Label 1017 Alyx 9SM
- BREAKING: Clare Waight Keller Exits Givenchy
- NBA Style: Hamidou Diallo Outfitted In Moncler, Givenchy, Amiri And Gucci
- Naomi Campbell Covers The March 2018 Issue Of British Vogue
- Brandon Ingram’s Givenchy Logo-Intarsia Wool Sweater And Amiri Paint Splattered Distressed Skinny Jeans
- NBA Style: Ben Simmons Wears An Acne Studios Hunter Green Quilted Jacket, Givenchy Sweatshirt, And Rick Owens DRKSHDW Casual Pants
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.