Louis Vuitton Announces Zendaya As New Ambassador
LOUIS VUITTON HAS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED ZENDAYA AS THE MAISON’S NEWEST HOUSE AMBASSADOR, BECOMING THE FACE OF THEIR ICONIC CAPUCINES BAG.
PARIS, FRANCE — French luxury house Louis Vuitton revealed the multi-hyphenate creative as its latest house ambassador alongside her first campaign, in which she models the iconic Capucines bag.
The Capucines handbag, which was launched a decade ago and is named after the Paris street where the LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton – owed brand opened his first store in 1854, has become a defining silhouette for the fashion house.
The Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott photographed campaign was shot at the Roquebrune-Cap-Martin house and styled by longtime collaborator and iconic image architech Law Roach. This campaign marks the first time that the brand’s miniature Capucines BB is pictured in an advertisement for the bag, which comes in models of various sizes.
The handbag, crafted in full-grain Taurillon leather and outfitted with hand, shoulder, and cross-body styling options, is both hands-on and chic.
The Golden Globe – winning actress told Vogue, “I remember growing up around LV campaigns.” “There was this one that I loved from the early 2000s of Naomi Campbell, and she’s like sprawled out over a trunk. I can still see it. I can see the image in my head and I remember seeing it in magazines as a kid.”
The 26 year old also recalls seeing LV monogram-inspired designs frequently on MySpace during the platform’s heyday. “Everyone had the LV-print on their Myspace page,” she says with a laugh. “At least I had that! Let me not try to put that on nobody else. That was definitely me.”
“I prefer to have my hands free,” Zendaya says of her bag preference. “So either I have a small bag—like a crossbody, that I can take with me everywhere. As long as it can fit my phone, lip gloss, and a little camera.”
Zendaya says the Capucines, which come in a variety of sizes, fit the bill. “It’s really beautifully made and durable,” she says. “If I buy something I want it to really last me. I’m not always the most responsible bag owner, so I might be throwing it around, it might get some real wear in it, you know, because I want to really use it, and it feels so sturdy.”
The announcement isn’t shocking because the global superstar talent was recently seen sitting in the front row at the Louis Vuitton Women’s Fall-Winter 2023 show in Paris last month.
More Content For You
- Versace Women’s Spring 2022 Ad Campaign Starring Donatella Versace, Gigi and Bella Hadid
- Precious Lee, Hailey Bieber Front Versace Spring 2021 Ad Campaign
- Kendall Jenner Covers The September 2016 Issue Of Anna Wintour Vogue Magazine
- Rihanna Fronts Pharrell Williams’ Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2024 Ad Campaign
- Louis Vuitton’s Pre-Fall Runway Show Will Take Place In Seoul
- Louis Vuitton Names Pharrell Williams Men’s Creative Director
- Virgil Abloh’s Successor: Telfar Clemens Is Reportedly Set To Take The Helm Of Louis Vuitton Menswear
- Louis Vuitton Will Stage Two Major Events in L.A. This Summer
- Louis Vuitton Opens NYC Exhibit To Celebrate Virgil Abloh’s Nike “Air Force 1”
- Louis Vuitton Will Cruise To California For Its Next Resort Show
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.